Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Session 3 Pursue Your Joy: Isn't That Hedonism?

Hedonism means: Seeking own joy.

We've been trying to answer the question:"Do God's pursuit of his glory and my pursuit of happiness have to be at odds?

We have started in the hardest place:God's passion for his glory.

Why?

Because until we understand this, we will distort everything into a man's centered falsehood.

You were made for Jesus and the satisfaction of your soul will be found in him.

Our passion for God
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians1:20-21

How can I die so that the way I die makes Jesus look really good?
Pursuing God's Glory is pursuing our goal.
By counting death as gain because we will be with Jesus.

Christ is more satisfied on your dying when you are more satisfying on Him when you're dying.


Define Christian Hedonism:
A life devoted to pleasure BUT not in stuff or things of this world but pleasure in GOD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.